1996 993 911 Turbo
Last of the air-cooled generation
The 911, with the internal design number 993, remains the one true love for many Porsche purists. Being the fourth-generation 911 design and the last 911 equipped with an air-cooled engine, it embodies what many Porsche drivers consider to be the heart of Porsche.
The 993’s integrated bumpers and pleasing design underscore the smooth elegance of its styling, including its new polyellipsoid headlights along with the beautifully sculpted the curved flanks of the widebody. The 993 was produced from 1993-1998 and remains highly desirable today.
Launched in 1995, the exceptionally agile and powerful 911 Turbo set a range of new benchmarks in supercar performance. In a June 1995 review, Motor Trend magazine proclaimed, “To beat this Stuttgart screamer into submission requires a force no less wieldy than the million-dollar 627-horsepower V-12 McLaren F1.”
As the last 911 Turbo to have an air-cooled engine, it offered maximum output of 400 hp from a 3.6 liter displacement engine, and featured a notable new “tray-table” fixed rear spoiler. With four fat wheels propelling the car forward, its 0-60 mph time registered a blistering 3.7 seconds, and 0-100 mph ticked by in 5.7 seconds, with the forward progression continuing until the speedometer crossed 180 mph. Beyond brutal acceleration and sheer speed, however, with its larger brakes, the turbo could stop from 60 mph in just 111 feet. It could also pull up to 1.00g on the skidpad.
Among the new features on the 993 Turbo was an electronically controlled viscous coupling all-wheel drive system – something Porsche had not offered on a turbocharged model since the 959 supercar, and a system that greatly improved the active safety and driving dynamics of the Turbo. Twin KKK K16 turbochargers, each featuring integrated wastegates and two charge-air intercoolers offered better response and a more linear power delivery.
As one of 1,297 examples shipped to the United States in 1996, the 911 Turbo represented the ultimate 911 variant in the Porsche model range.
This two-owner, shows 64,613 miles from when it was purchased new from a Porsche dealership in St. Petersburg, FL. The production completion date was 06/11/1996. Documentation for this spectacular Turbo includes all books, full and detailed service records and key sets. The car also comes with the original factory tools, tool bag, jack tools, tow hook, 12V air compressor and spare tire. The certificate of Authenticity from Porsche is also available.
The exterior is Black with a Black Full Leather interior. This car came ordered from the factory with substantial optional equipment including:
- Seat Belts in Guards Red
- Footwell Lighting
- Digital Sound Package
- 5 Open CD Storage on Console
- Porsche Floor Mats – Black
- AM / FM Radio w/ CD Player
- Gear Box Tunnel and Extended Center Console Covered in Leather
- Racing Style Sport Seats w/ Electrical Height Adjustment – Driver’s and Passenger Side
- Heated Seats
- Porsche Crest Stamped on Headrests
- Door Sill Panels in Metal Embossed with Porsche insignia
- Oval Stainless Steel Exhaust Pipes
- Ornamental Rim Caps with Porsche Crest
The interior quality and in particular the leather seats and bolsters are exceptional, showing like new. All interior buttons and controls are pristine and fully functional.
The carfax only shows one owner and was purchased Certified Pre Owned in summer of 2001 from Porsche North Orlando at 35,784. This 993 has been owned, carefully driven and maintained by a fastidious Porsche enthusiast. The service history is completely documented with all records. Below are a few service highlights with all normal maintenance attended to, a full detailed report can be provided:
- 37,190 miles – replaced fan belts, installed alternator pulley upgrade, cleaned throttle body
- 42,080 miles – replaced struts and suspension
- 48,000 miles – replaced Air conditioning evaporator
- 53,275 miles – New hybrid K16/20 Turbochargers installed, engine sealing
- 54,563 miles – replaced Flywheel Clutch Assembly
- 57,000 miles – replaced front/rear brakes rotors and pads
- 59,200 miles – replaced 4 tires
- 64,057 miles – oil and filter change, performed brake bleed and flush
It is a well documented 993 Twin Turbo that has been unusually cared for and naturally shows a clean vehicle history report. All records are up to date with a recent service.