Mileage: InquireRequest More Photos
At Merit Partners, we are in the habit of sourcing the top examples, in the world, of a particular model. In general, we do NOT accept hotrods, back dates, or recreations. However, with every rule, there is always an exception… We are proud to present a stunning, incredibly accurate, and truly exceptional recreated 1973 2.7 Carrera RS in amazing Viper Green.
In the 1973 model year, Porsche manufactured a one-year only run of the 2.7 Carrera RS. The new model was a 911S-derived variant with a larger 2.7L engine, the same 915 gearbox, same mechanical fuel injection, and 911S suspension/brakes. Over the years, the Carrera RS has become one of THE quintessential Porsches of all time and is recognized by almost every top level collector in the world as a “must have” vehicle. With real RSs now running between $600,000 to over $1,800,000, sometimes a stunning recreation is the next best thing.
Built on a completely rust-free, 1972 911T, true F-body chassis, this car drives even better than it looks. It weighs almost exactly what a true Carrera RS would weigh and was completed to the highest standards only 2,000 miles ago. The details on the car are amazing and include the following absolutely correct features:
· Correct F-body car with original 1972 side oil fill flap
· Correct 7R magnesium case which was align bored, pinned, and completely rebuilt
· Correct mechanical fuel injection
· Correct and completely stock 915 gearbox
· Correct and REAL Carrera RS rear ducktail (original to a light yellow Carrera RS)
· Correct and REAL Recaro front sports seats
· Correct and REAL 911RS gauges
· Correct and REAL quarter panel flares that are WELDED to the original 72 panels and are NOT fiberglass recreations
· Full documentation, pictures, and records of the rebuild totaling over $125,000
· Full import documents, DOT/EPA exemptions and fully U.S. Legal
This car recently participated in the 2019 Spring Smokies GT event, drove over 560 miles with absolutely ZERO issues, and performed flawlessly. In fact, it not only kept up with, but literally demolished many of the current 2016-2019 GT cars that participated. One of THE best recreations available anywhere.