At Merit Partners, we are in the habit of sourcing the top examples, in the world, of a particular model. In general, we do NOT accept hotrods, back dates, or recreations. However, with every rule, there is always an exception… We are proud to present a stunning, incredibly accurate, and truly exceptional recreated 1973 2.7 Carrera RS in amazing Viper Green.
In the 1973 model year, Porsche manufactured a one-year only run of the 2.7 Carrera RS. The new model was a 911S-derived variant with a larger 2.7L engine, the same 915 gearbox, same mechanical fuel injection, and 911S suspension/brakes. Over the years, the Carrera RS has become one of THE quintessential Porsches of all time and is recognized by almost every top level collector in the world as a “must have” vehicle. With real RSs now running between $600,000 to over $1,800,000, sometimes a stunning recreation is the next best thing.
Built on a completely rust-free, 1972 911T, true F-body chassis, this car drives even better than it looks. It weighs almost exactly what a true Carrera RS would weigh and was completed to the highest standards only 2,000 miles ago. The details on the car are amazing and include the following absolutely correct features:
· Correct F-body car with original 1972 side oil fill flap
· Correct 7R magnesium case which was align bored, pinned, and completely rebuilt
· Correct mechanical fuel injection
· Correct and completely stock 915 gearbox
· Correct and REAL Carrera RS rear ducktail (original to a light yellow Carrera RS)
· Correct and REAL Recaro front sports seats
· Correct and REAL 911RS gauges
· Correct and REAL quarter panel flares that are WELDED to the original 72 panels and are NOT fiberglass recreations
· Full documentation, pictures, and records of the rebuild totaling over $125,000
· Full import documents, DOT/EPA exemptions and fully U.S. Legal